The best practices when it comes to SEO efforts vary each day. It is therefore vital for a webmaster to keep up with the updates surrounding SEO. In order to establish relevancy and value of a domain, search engines analyze the quality of its backlinks. There are a number of link building methods that have been outdated over time, as others have been known to yield better SEO results.
- High-quality Link building
- Keep your competition close
- Contribute as a guest writer
To improve the domains’ ranking on search engines, you should put more effort in achieving quality backlinks. Never settle for any low-quality backlinks as they may destroy not only your page ranking but also, earn you a penalty, and lower organic traffic for the domain that took years to build.
In link building, two words: slow and steady. It might drag along and take a long while for you to see any improvement nevertheless being patient is worth it in the end.
Building backlinks is challenging especially for beginners in the SEO world. The best way to learn is studying your competition. Look into the backlinks which might have contributed to the success of their domain and from this, you can beat them at their own game. Who is your competition? Your competition is any domain with content categorized under your niche.
Make a list if you must of the sites linking to your rival domain, and by duplicating the backlinks, your domain will easily outrank the rest on search engines. There are a number of tools that can be used in listing the possible backlinks, however, be careful not to fall into the trap of using backlinks that are in violation of search engine’s guidelines.
Writing articles or contributing content to a domain that is well established within your niche, is a great step to take in building up your backlinks system. It is the most straightforward way of gaining traffic and achieving high-quality backlinks.
Research should be conducted to discover websites that accept guest writers’ contribution and learn the type of content they require. For the backlinks to look genuine, explore on domains that are within your category and niche. You can be a regular guest writer if your content is relevant, fresh, and meets all requirements for the third party website.
Get word about your site out there
To succeed in building backlinks for your domain, other people have to know about its existence. This can be done by reaching out to bloggers and some members of the journalism community who relate to the content on your domain.
Appropriate steps to pursue when reaching out to these communities comprise of the following:
- Write emails tailored for your recipient. The email should be as personal as possible to prove to the blogger or journalist that you are interested in their writings.
- Be precise. Avoid long, boring emails that have too many details. Just mention the relevant areas such as their blog and remain on topic.
- Prove you can be trusted by linking directly to your online social media profiles.
- Point out any possible issues with their website, for example, informing them of a broken link within their domain. This is another way of gaining their trust.
- Build a relationship. Don’t come out upfront, and demand for a link from them. Socialize with them at first, and then begin introducing your domain step by step, eventually, all these efforts will contribute to quality backlinks.
There are resources available online, that send out email alerts to webmasters immediately a website links to their domain or when existing backlinks are removed. This makes it possible to keep track and have insight of any backlinks to your domain especially those unknown to you; determining the value of backlinks and their contribution to good ranking and stats. Keeping tabs on backlinks allows you to get rid of backlinks that have no value contribution to your website.